Posted on March 15, 2008 by Mercedes
Saturday Six #4
1. Do you have any plans to attend a St. Patrick’s Day party this weekend? No
2. Have you ever thrown a St. Patrick’s Day party? If not, would you consider doing so? No~Sure, I would consider it
3. What is your favorite thing about the Irish? They seem so jolly and like to have fun! Their accents too!
4. Take the quiz: What Color Green Are You?
You Are Apple Green
You are almost super-humanly upbeat. You have a very positive energy that surrounds you.And while you are happy go lucky, you’re also charmingly assertive.
You get what you want, even if you have to persuade those against you to see things your way.
Reflective and thoughtful, you know yourself well – and you know that you want out of life.
5. Should carrying alcohol in public places — as people would tend to do during a city’s St. Paddy’s Day celebration — be illegal? Yes, I guess so
6. Are you more likely to be a designated driver at a party, or more likely to need one? If I make it to a party, I will more likely need one.
more about memes
more Saturday Six
*This is my last Saturday 6 because I do not want to wait for the meme to be posted on Saturdays and wait even longer to view the participants. Also, I love blogthings and I can go there anytime I wish. (edited 3-16-08)
Filed under: Blogthings, Fun, Memes, NaBloPoMo, Saturday Six | 4 Comments »
Posted on March 8, 2008 by Mercedes
1. What was the first board game you remember playing?
Oh my~I’m not really sure about this. It was either Sorry, Backgammon, or Checkers.
2. When you last played a crossword puzzle, did you look up any of the answers before you finished?
Yes I did! I have no patience with crossword puzzles. 🙂
3. Did you ever own a Rubik’s Cube? If so, were you ever able to solve it on your own?
Yes, I did own a Rubik’s Cube. No, I was never able to solve it on my own-lol!
4. Take the quiz: What Kind of Puzzle Are You?
You Are a Crossword Puzzle
You are well read, and you have a good head for remembering facts.You are a wordsmith.
You have a way with words, and you’re very literate.
You are a mysterious person who enjoys dropping little clues every now and then.
5. You decide to buy yourself a jigsaw puzzle: what kind of image are you most likely to buy: a landscape, an image of an animal, a sports hero, or a shot from a popular movie?
It would be images of landscapes or animals!
6. Have you ever tried Sudoku? How easy did you find it (or would you think you would find it) to be?
No I haven’t. I need to though. Jedd’s brother plays Sudoku all of the time.
more about memes
More Saturday Six
Filed under: Blogthings, Fun, Lists, Memes, NaBloPoMo, Saturday Six | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 1, 2008 by Mercedes
Saturday Six #2
1. How often do you talk on your cell phone when you are driving? Of those times, how often are you using “hands-free” equipment like Bluetooth or ear buds?
I am not on the road a whole lot. If I do use the phone, it is for a brief moment. When I am on the road for a longer period of time and it is necessary for me to use my phone, I use my Bluetooth ear piece.
Filed under: Fun, Lists, Memes, NaBloPoMo, Saturday Six | 2 Comments »
Posted on February 23, 2008 by Mercedes
Here is another Saturday meme I will be participating in. This is the Saturday Six at Patrick’s Place. Patrick has a theme each Saturday that includes six questions about that theme. One of the questions includes a quiz (like blogthings). I like this meme, I just wish that today it had been posted yesterday or at least early this morning. Enjoy.
1. When you’re going to have a regular glazed doughnut, do you prefer it hot, cold or room temperature?
Ooohhhh~Jedd and I love hot, fresh glazed doughnuts from Krispy Kreme. We always try to find some when we are on vacation.
2. If you see a box of a dozen doughnuts, and there are no objections from the others in the room, can you stop at just one doughnut?
Yes I can, unless Jedd and I are alone and we just picked up some hot fresh glazed doughnuts-lol!
3. Which spelling do you prefer for the treat: doughnut or donut? Which do you see most often?
It doesn’t really mater to me. Doughnuts~Unless it is Dunkin’ Donuts!
You Are a Glazed Donut
Okay, you know that you’re plain – and you’re cool with that.You prefer not to let anything distract from your sweetness.Your appeal is understated yet universal. Everyone digs you.And in a pinch, you’ll probably get eaten.
5. When was the last time you had this specific kind of donut?
It actually has been awhile. I’m guessing almost a year when we went to Gatlinburg.
6. If you worked in a donut store, and had to make them as part of your job, how long do you think it would take you – if at all – to become sick of even looking at a donut?
Years ago~like about 15ish, I did work at The Donut Palace. I never knew until then that most doughnuts were fried. And to see the huge box of lard/grease we put in the deep fryer really grossed me out. It took me awhile before I actually started eating doughnuts again. Of course, that was during my major obsession with weight and exercise. Those days are definitely gone now-LOL!
Filed under: Fun, Lists, Memes, Saturday Six | 6 Comments »