Scrumptious Sunday is hosted by Mercedes at Mercedes Rocks!
Theme: Summer Salads
ZESTY FETA, CHICKEN, & SHRIMP SUMMER PASTA SALAD
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked fusilli/corkscrew pasta – or any pasta you choose
- 1/2 pound frozen cooked cocktail shrimp – this is all for me-none for bf-allergic
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can diced black olives, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish, and roast 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, cook 8 to 10 minutes, until firm, and drain. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, pasta, shrimp, olives, tomatoes, carrots, and cucumber. Toss with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and feta cheese, and season with salt/pepper to taste.
Posted by Mercedes at Mercedes’ World