Scrumptious Sunday is hosted by Mercedes at Mercedes Rocks.
Come on over and join in on the fun!
Theme: Dairy-National Dairy Month
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
We always have potlucks of finger foods at school for any occasion. This is the specialty that a teacher assistant always brings-yummy!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla extract and set aside to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar for 1 minute.
- Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture and beat again for another minute.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate.
- Garnish with additional chocolate chips, if you choose.
- Serve with Nilla wafers, graham crackers, Honey Maid-Grahams: honey, cinnamon or chocolate-sticks. My favorite is here:
**Note: after refrigerating the dip it will be pretty solid and un-dippable so make sure to remove it from the refrigerator about 15-30 minutes before you plan on serving it, so it has time to soften up.
What Went With Sweet Tea LAST Sunday
- Grilled Hamburger Steak wrapped with bacon (recipe she got watching Paula Deen-can’t find it)
- Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions
- Garlic roasted potatoes (sliced)
- Creamed/Fried Fresh Corn
- Green Beans
- Baked Beans
- Slaw none for me-thanks-lol
- Watergate Salad – I used this recipe last week-how funny that we had it too-lol
- Paul Newman Cake (see below)
Paul Newman Cake
I don’t know where the name came from-lol
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar Mrs. Richardsons butterscotch caramel topping
- 1 (12 oz.) container Cool Whip
- 4 Heath bars, crushed
- Bake cake as directed in 9 x 13 inch pan.
- While cake is still hot, poke holes with handle of wooden spoon (all the way to the bottom).
- Pour milk over the top and let soak in for a few minutes.
- Then pour caramel topping over the cake.
- Let cool completely.
- Spread Cool Whip over cake and sprinkle crushed Heath bars over Cool Whip.
I have got to start taking my camera with me-I will do that today and they will all think I am loony-that’s alright.